Well, I know, I'm not claustrophobic after spending 3 hours each day for the last 2 days in 'attic.' It would probably be more accurate to call it the crawl space in the ceiling. All this effort in the name of installing a radiant barrier to lower the heat in the house. Maunawili is known for its cooler and lately overcast weather lately but today of all days, it's brilliant and clear and, as a result, hot (in the ceiling!) It can get upwards of 120 degrees but I could only stand it up to 11'ish this morning before calling it a day! Obviously, I'll have to start earlier in the a.m. while it's cool.
Adjusting planks across joists so I could scoot around on my back to tack up the radiant barrier, tarpfoil (way easier than that awful fiberglass stuff), was an intriguing experience while inhaling dust. Probably shortened my life by a few minutes. 80 square feet done--only another 800 to go!!! For those interested in tarpfoil go to http://www.pacsotec.com/page2.html The owner is Rob Brewer and he's a cool guy.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment