
Happy Kwanza, Channukah, Buono Notte, Feliz Navida, Bonne Noel, Merry Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka e Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
Did I cover everybody? Probably not but, in the spirit of the season, my best wishes for a better year. Only twelve more months before the idiot in the White House is out--let's hope we survive it.
Meanwhile back at the hale...Not much and plenty happened to us Maunawili wahine!
I didn't go anywhere out of state this year but Kath went holo-holo plenty: Washington, North Carolina, India, Nepal, Tibet, and Shanghai.
Her over-50s women's soccer team went "three-peat" to win the Veteran's Cup in Bellingham, Washington. Here's a foto of the winning team:
This is actually the foto from last year but it's virtually all the same people so what the hell.Some of these wahine: Lee Kalama, Linda Davis pictured along with Kath were part of her traveling gang to Nepal and Tibet. Two others, Theresa and Tempe, joined them and off they went! I got regular posts of the trip from hell. While they didn't suffer natural catastrophes or military coups, they did have surly guides, car breakdowns, border delays, visa la-la, etc. They all came back thin from lack of food or, in Kath's case, 3 weeks of altitude sickness (that's the reason I didn't go because I remembered how badly I did in Peruvian high altitude and knew I would not be able to hack it!). I'll have Kath post a separate blog for her trip which has some spectacular sites.
Kath came back October 1 from Shanghai to discover she had been pink-slipped along with 89 other folks in Kaiser's "redesigning" contraction. So, it's been an emotional, heady and bumpy few months! She'll post a separate blog about that I'm sure!




5 comments:
Great blog! I love the art Annie. Right on. Very inspirational.
cool stuff
me like!
i find it, dare i say, homoerotic?
hehe....
luv U !
danielle
I'm sorry for your loss Kathy and Annie. I enjoyed knowing him in his late years. He was a great dog. He lived a good life.
Love you both,
Bridget
Annie and kathy, So sorry to hear about Maka, I only knew him from your words but it is clear that you have lost a dear family member. Annie that's a great looking studio, kudos to you..It is inspiring to hear you placing your art in the forefront. Annie please tell Kathy that her old friend from the "Burg" now in the Catskills would like to hear from her. thanks. love, from Tom and Linda
"Life is a comic strip" and as always you are able to find great humor in it all; carry on...
thanks for the printed version that led me here, like two dogs running.
And you maybe happy to hear I made it back from my treacherous trek to Na Pali...ti hee
Post a Comment